O'Connell Funeral Directors
Trust Our Family To Take care Of Yours
O’Connell Funeral Directors was first established in Mallow in 1885 by Michael Brian O’Connell, the first of three generations. Known to the local community as MB O’Connell, he served the surrounding areas of Mallow. Throughout the years, MB O’Connell’s expanded and catered for the town and did so with a Taxi service as well as a Public House. In times gone by, it was commonplace for a Funeral Business and Public House to go hand in hand, and this was no different for the O’Connell family.
Although the company did not have a funeral home, the premises in Bridge Street was the heart of our funeral business.
This building was where coffins were made, the funeral cars were kept, and preparations for the funerals occurred. On Bridge street, there were three different Funeral homes over the years, firstly in the early 1970s, the final funeral home closed its doors on Bridge street in October 1988,